New Horizons Charter School invites applications for the position of Educational Assistant. Reporting to the school principal and working under the direction of a classroom teacher, the position includes the following duties:
- Provide support and assistance to students as part of a multidisciplinary team including teachers, administration, and other support personnel.
- Assist with supporting the cognitive, psychological, social and emotional development of children who have a range of exceptionalities, including high emotional needs.
- Supervise students during the lunch recess when required.
- Complete other duties assigned by the principal or classroom teacher.
This is a full-time position consisting of .8 FTE continuing and .2 FTE temporary from September 21, 2020, to June 30, 2021.
The assignment is 6 hours per day, five days per week, beginning as soon as a suitable candidate is found. However, beginning September 21, 2020, the hours will temporarily begin at 6.5 hours per day (8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
Remuneration will be provided in accordance with a salary grid which at the present time ranges from $19.34 to $25.18 per hour, depending on training and experience. An employee benefit package is also provided.
Desirable Qualifications and Qualities:
- High school completion
- Certification as a special needs educational assistant, educational assistant, or equivalent.
- Successful experience as an educational assistant, particularly in providing support and assistance to students with high emotional needs.
- Is energetic, enjoys working with children, and relates positively to students of elementary school age.
- Demonstrates strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses excellent organizational and communication skills.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found; however, applications received by 12:00 noon on September 16, 2020 will be assured of careful consideration.
Located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, and focused on meeting the needs of intellectually gifted learners, New Horizons Public Charter School is a growing K-9 school of approximately 410 students. Please visit http://www.newhorizons.ca for more information about our school.
A current criminal record check and child intervention record check is required of all new employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications, with cover letter and three references, should be directed to: email@example.com