New Horizons School
invites applications for the part-time position of:
School Jurisdiction Office Clerk
Working under the supervision of the secretary-treasurer, the position will include the following duties:
- Administer employee payroll and benefits.
- Manage personnel records.
- Manage school board documents (e.g. meeting agendas & minutes, bylaws, policies, Society membership lists, correspondence with Service Alberta).
- Serve as recording secretary at monthly school board meetings.
- Assist with management of school’s program of occupational health & safety.
- Assist with general office duties and other tasks as assigned.
This is a part-time 0.5 FTE twelve-month position. Remuneration will be provided in accordance with a salary grid which at the present time ranges from $21.22 to $28.20 per hour, depending on training and experience. An employee benefit package is also provided.
- Administrative Professional certification or equivalent.
- Successful experience working in a school office or similar environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found; however, applications received by 12:00 noon on February 20, 2019 will be assured of careful consideration.
Located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, and focused on meeting the needs of intellectually gifted learners, New Horizons School is a growing K-9 public charter school of approximately 350 students. Please visit https://www.newhorizons.ca/ for more information about our school.
A current criminal record check and child intervention record check is required of all new employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications, with cover letter and three references, should be directed to Mr. Don Falk, Superintendent, at: