Monday, November 20
Our support for the Strathcona Christmas Bureau campaign continues this week (November 20 – December 1.)
We have a theme each week, but any donations are gratefully accepted at any time throughout the month of November. Students will earn 1 house point per item donated.
- Nov. 20-24: Collecting unwrapped new toys/items for ages 10-17 years old. Ideas include: art sets like pencil crayons, sketch pads, paint sets movie tickets gift cards books cosmetics/lotions, etc. science kits
- Nov. 27- Dec. 1: Collecting unwrapped toys/gifts for babies to children aged 9 years old.
Wednesday, November 22
- Board of Directors Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 23
- NHS is having another Inspire and Create Event
- Students will be working in house teams to design and manufacture Pom-Pom
The Sherwood Park Skating Club would like to invite you to register for the Winter 2018 PreCanskate and Canskate sessions which are now open online at www.sherwoodparkskatingclub.ca. Sessions will commence the week of January 9 and run until March 13, 2018.
CanSkate is Skate Canada’s flagship learn-to-skate program, designed for beginners of all ages. When you sign up for CanSkate you will be in a program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. You will earn badges and other incentives as you learn fundamental skating skills. Lessons are given in a group format and led by an NCCP certified professional coach. The coach to student ratio is a maximum of 1:10. Skaters progress at their own rate and coaches make sessions active using teaching aids, music and a wide variety of activities that create a fun environment and promote learning.
The Sherwood Park Skating Club has many sessions days and times available and are excited to offer Tuesday and Thursday daytime classes along with our usual after school sessions.