Parenting Gifted Children – Research Opportunity
Emails were sent out to junior high parents inviting them to participate in a University of Calgary study on parenting gifted children. If you are interested in assisting with this Canadian research on gifted children, please refer to your email or contact the school.
Final Exam & PAT Schedule
Final exams for grades 7 & 8 students and PATs for Grade 6 & 9 students begin this week. All exams begin at 9:00 a.m.
Please refer to the email sent out earlier for more information.
- Thursday, June 20: Social Studies
- Monday, June 24: Math
- Tuesday, June 25: Language Arts (Part B: Reading)
- Wednesday, June 26: Science
NHS Family Hot Dog Lunch: June 27
To wrap up another great year at NHS we are inviting all families to join us for a Year End Family Hot Dog Lunch! Join us on June 17 from 12:00-12:30 for a hot dog picnic with your kids on the last day of school.
Place your hot dog orders now, then on June 27 bring a picnic blanket, pick up your order and take it out to enjoy in the sunshine with other New Horizons Families.
Please fill out the order form indicating the number of hot dogs you will be purchasing. Forms are due by June 24!
Year-End Awards Ceremony (Grades 45-9)
Our Year-End Awards Ceremony will occur on June 27 at 1:15 p.m. after the Family Hot Dog Lunch. PArents are invited to atend.
For the second year, New Horizons School is excited to host the Edmonton Area Debate Camp from July 29 – August 2. The camp is open to students from Grades 5 – 11.
General Information: Debate Camp
Monday, June 17 (Day 2)
- Lunch Activities
- Recess Games: Students in grades 2-3 look for Dunni in the orange vest. She will lead your game today!
- Math Fair (Grade 5-6) at 2:00 p.m.. Parents are invited to attend.
Tuesday, June 18 (Day 3)
- Kindergarten Graduation
Wednesday, June 19 (Day 4)
- Kindergarten Grad
- Junior High Math Fair (11:15 a.m.) Parents are invited to attend.
- Last Day for Junior High Option Courses
- Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 20 (Day 1)
- Social Studies PAT and Final Exam ( Grades 6-9)
- Elementary Track & Field beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- FANHS Annual General Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- FANHS General Meeting (after the AGM).
Friday, June 14 (Day 1)
- Have a great weekend!