Can I pass the line after my child has been picked up?
- You may pass the line when it is safe to do so if you picked up your child on Hawkin’s Crescent.
- If you picked up your child in the school parking lot, please do not pass unless a traffic monitor has indicated that you may do so.
Vehicle Identification Number
- If your child is picked up regularly, you may wish to request a vehicle identification number.
- The vehicle identification number should be hung on your rear-view mirror for after school pick-up.
- Having the number allows monitors to call out the number to the students and direct them to your vehicle sooner. Therefore, please make sure your child knows your vehicle number.
- If you do not have a vehicle identification number, please contact General Inquiries.
At pick-up time, NHS is a busy and congested place.
In order to maintain safety and reduce the congestion, please read the following closely.
Pick-up time can take up to 10-15 minutes after the 3:14 p.m. dismissal time.
Pick-Up Zone (light blue on the map)
- Please continue to enter Hawkins Crescent at its west access (ie – not at the pedestrian crossing).
- Form a single line curbside.
- Keep your four way flashers on to indicate to the vehicle behind you that you are in the pick-up line.
- As students are picked up, the line will move forward. Please move with the lione.
- Please do not park or wait for you child in the blue zone. Remain in your vehicle and move forward with the line.
- Do not double-park to gain entry to the parking lot.
How will I know where my child is?
- Unless you’ve made alternate arrangements with your child, all students who are being picked up will remain at the main entrance of the school.
- As students are picked up, the pick-up vehicle line will move forward.
How will my child get to my car?
- After school monitors will assist students to their vehicle.
- Monitors are located in front of the school and along Hawkins Crescent.