Admissions for 2018-2019
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year.
- We will be holding an Information Night for K-9 admissions on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Because of the large number of requests for school tours and opportunities to speak to staff, we wish to minimize disruption to the school day by asking that those interested in touring the school choose one of the following dates and times. We are asking families to limit their attendance to a maximum of 2 attendees.
- January 25 (9:30 am or 10:45 am)
- February 5 (9:30 am or 10:45 am)
- This is a pre-registration event. Click HERE to register and enter the event code: nhstr
- While we have some basic school fees, New Horizons is a publicly funded school. We have no tuition fees.
- January 17: NHS Information Night @7pm
- February 12: Application Deadline
- March 2: In-School Assessment Day (Intake Day)
- Please download the Admissions Handbook for detailed information.
- Application Deadline: February 12, 2018.
- Note: Late applications may be considered after the the deadline if spaces remain open after the March 2 Intake day.
- All applicants must complete these three on-line forms:
- Application Form
- Parent Inventory For Finding Potential
- Parent Perspectives
- All applicants require a cognitive assessment. Students enrolled in NHS must demonstrate superior cognitive abilities.
- Please see the Admissions Handbook for more information.
- Additional Information
- Students applying for grades 1-9 submit the most recent report card.
- Students applying for Kindergarten are required to participate in a small group observation activity on our March 2 Assessment Day.
- Kindergarten students must become 5 years of age before March 1 of their Kindergarten year.
- All applications will be processed after the March 2 Intake Day.
- Note that we will be filling available spaces based on the degree to which the application meets the admissions criteria, and not the date in which the application was filed.
- All applications will be reviewed by an Applications Committee.
- Our goal is to have applications processed and parents notified within four week of Intake Day.
- If we accept more applications than the number of available spaces, the Admissions Committee will determine which applicants will be placed on a wait list.
- Please contact Admissions for more information.