In order to keep things running smoothly on the first day, here are a few things to remember:
- Both pedestrian and vehicular traffic will be very busy, please refer to and adhere to the new Parking and Traffic Management Plan.
- Last week parents received an email indicating that École Claudette-et-Denis-Tardif will be using our unoccupied wing of modular classrooms for the first few weeks of school. That will impact our parking and drop off routines.
- If you are driving your child and just dropping them off, please use the “Kiss & Go” lane (Drop Off Zone) on the West side of the school (parking is NOT PERMITTED in this zone).
- If you are driving your child and need to exit your vehicle, please park only in designated zones (residential areas to the NORTH of the school).
- As you arrive at the school, student volunteers (in bright yellow vests) and staff members (in bright pink), will be on-hand to provide bracelets for Kindergarten students and answer general questions.
- The kindergarten students will be provided with bracelets to help staff and other students identify them and offer assistance if necessary.
- Please use only the MAIN Entrance (#2 West Side) as all other doors will be locked
- When students arrive they will go directly to the gym (with all of their belongings).
- Parents are welcome to stay for the welcome assembly. This will be followed by a 10 minute window where parents may escort their child to their classroom for “First Day of School” photos!
- Please note that all of our teachers are available by email and we will be hosting a “Meet the Teacher Night” on September 7, 2016. Please allow the staff to focus on the students during arrival.
We look forward to seeing you on the first day!